Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Marinated Flank Steak


This was my first time to cook flank steak, which is a very affordable alternative to your other cuts of steak.  After doing a little research, the flank steak is meant to be marinated otherwise it'll be a little tougher by nature. I kind of made up this marinade based on things I had on hand and the fresh herbs growing in my new herb garden.  It ended up a little on the rare side for my taste, but possibly because I cooked it on an indoor grill rather than on a regular outdoor charcoal or propane grill.  But, the flavors were delicious!  I hope you enjoy.

  • 1 lb flank steak
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp, each, chopped fresh basil and oregano
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper
Trim fat from flank steak.  Mix together all ingredients with a whisk until well blended.  Pour over steak in a shallow bowl and marinate 8-24 hours, covered tightly.  Before grilling, bring steak to room temperature.  Grill steak on a preheated grill 4 minutes each side or until cooked to desired level.  

No comments:

Post a Comment