Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

On Tuesdays, I'm always looking for a good slow cooker recipe to speed up dinner preparation, as I do a later workout class.  This recipe is really simple and satisfies my hunger for a warm, comforting taco soup.  I assembled everything the night before, refrigerated it overnight, and simply started it in the morning.  Since my slow cooker does not have a timer, I plug it in to a wall timer to start at the right time.  I hope you enjoy!

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 16 oz canned chili beans, drained
  • 15 oz canned kidney beans, with liquid
  • 15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
  • 8 oz tomato sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
  • 4 oz canned chopped green chili peppers
  • 1 envelope of taco seasoning mix or homemade seasoning*
*homemade seasoning:
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 2 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Brown the ground beef until cooked.  Drain well.  Place the browned beef plus all of the other ingredients in a the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment