This is another recipe I found from my new favorite cooking blog, skinnytaste.com. I especially loved this recipe because I had everything on hand in my pantry. This is a definite plus for budget cooking too! I hope you enjoy!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 2-3 tenders and pounded thin
- 5 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1 egg
- Whole wheat bread crumbs (or similar)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into 2 or three tenderloins by slicing them thin and then pounding them to an even thickness. Place 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese on chicken breast and and top with a large spoonful of broccoli. Roll chicken up and secure using toothpicks (Use as many as necessary to secure the broccoli from falling out.)
- Place one egg, scrambled in a shallow bowl and mix with about 1 tbsp water. Pour breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl and salt & pepper to taste. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then immediately into breadcrumbs, coating completely.
- Place on baking sheet covered in aluminum foil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.