Monday, January 9, 2012

Skinny Baked Potato Soup


I couldn't have planned it better to make soup on this rainy day.  I've been searching for a baked potato soup that was still "skinny" since it is the beginning of 2012 and my resolutions are intact.  I stumbled upon Gina's Skinny Recipes through Pinterest, and have flagged a few recipes to try, this being my first.  I definitely will be making more recipes from the site in the future.  I didn't have a immersion blender, so I just poured my soup into a regular blender to puree and it turned out great.  I really enjoyed this recipe, my husband went back for thirds, so I know it's a winner.  I hope you enjoy!

Serving size: 1 cup, Servings: 5, Calories: 207.

  • 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
  • 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
  • 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced fat milk
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
  • 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
  1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes.  Turn over and microwave another 5 minutes or until tender.  Cool.  Peel potatoes.
  2. Meanwhile, steam cauliflower in a large covered pot until tender.  Drain and return to pot.  On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil.  Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to puree until smooth.  Add sour cream, half the chives, salt & pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
  3. Remove from heat.  Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl.  Top with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.



No comments:

Post a Comment