There's something about making your own pizza dough that just makes you feel domestic. But, the beauty of making pizza dough in the bread machine, is that you can start it, go for a run, clean-up, prepare all your ingredients, and all that's left to do is bake it! I used the recipe that came with my bread machine. Ever since I had a barbecue pizza at a local pizza place I have craved it- and this recipe was satisfying! Tim was a little hesitant.. "Barbecue sauce, on a pizza?!" But now it will become one of our favorites. I hope you enjoy!
- Pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup room-temperature water
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Assemble pizza dough ingredients in bread machine and use dough setting (Mine takes about 1 1/2 hours to make). Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, grill chicken until cooked through, set aside for about 5 minutes, then slice . Remove dough and shape onto pizza pan. Top with barbecue sauce, then layer chicken, cheeses, and onions. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro.