Monday, October 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup

Hello, vegetables! I've been craving vegetables lately (which is a good thing!) and when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it!  Slow cooking and vegetables? Yes, please!  It is delicious and so wonderfully healthy.  I added chicken to Tim's plate per request, but I loved it vegetarian.  It makes 32 servings, so you'll have plenty to freeze or take for healthy lunches.  I hope you enjoy!

  • 2 Cups Frozen Peas  (Defrosted)
  • 3 Small Yellow Summer Squash, diced
  • 1 Cup Snapped Green Beans
  • 2 Medium Zucchini, diced
  • 5 Medium Celery Stalks, chopped
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
  • 1 Cup Baby Carrots or 2 Large Carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 Large White Onion, diced
  • 1 Tbsp Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/8 Cup Fresh Oregano
  • 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tsp Parsley
  • 2 Cans Reduced Sodium Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 Can White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Cans Died Tomatoes (Basil, Garlic, Oregano)
  • 2 Boxes Organic Vegetable Broth
  • 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar 
Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Cook on HIGH 5-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment