Friday, November 15, 2013

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches


You all know that I love my slow cooker.  I've recently been intrigued by the idea of preparing a bunch of slow cooker meals in advance and them freezing them to enjoy on a later date.  This recipe comes from a Pinterest pin that I discovered that had multiple, freezable slow cooker meals.  My husband ate two sandwiches!  I hope you enjoy!


  • 2-3 lb chuck roast
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz) beef consomme (in the soup section)
  • 6-8 hoagie buns or toasted sandwich bread
Freezer directions:
Place roast in resealable gallon-sized freezer bag and pour beef consomme on top.  When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.  Cook on LOW for 8-11 hours (HIGH 5-7 hour).  Remove roast from slow cooker and save juice for dipping.  Shred beef with two forks (or in your stand mixer) and serve on buns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment