Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seared Pork Chops with Orange-Chipotle Glaze



I have to admit that I have never cooked pork outside of the slow cooker. So in the spirit of branching out, this dish inspired me to step outside of my chicken comfort zone. I did it! It was wonderful. I especially love the smoky-spicy flavor with the sweetness of the orange marmalade. I hope you enjoy!
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 3/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tsp cilantro flakes)
  • 1 tbsp minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce with 1 tsp of the sauce
  • 4 4-oz. boneless pork loin chops or similar
  1. In a medium bowl combine the orange marmalade, cilantro and chipotle chilies in adobo sauce. Set aside.
  2. Heat 2 tsps olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of the pork with salt and pepper to taste; add to pan.
  3. Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from pan; set aside.
  4. Add orange marmalade mixture to pan. Simmer, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and reduces slightly.
  5. Return pork chops to pan and cook 1 minute or until tender but still slightly pink in the middle. Spoon glaze over the pork.

From Fitness Magazine September 2010

1 comment:

  1. I happened upon your blog while goggling a recipe I had just tried out, which was the Seared Pork recipe. I have to laugh because yours looks perfect, mine turned out horrible. Although from the looks of things you can cook, while I mostly struggle through it.

    ReplyDelete