Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a family recipe from a friend, and once I tasted it, I could not get it off my mind. I just love the way this cookie has a spice, chocolate, and oatmeal taste all at once. I guarantee you will love them. I hope you enjoy!

  • 1 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups oatmeal (one cup regular and one cup instant)
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp hot water
  • 6ish oz. chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Cream shortening and sugars together. Add eggs and mix well.
  3. Mix dry ingredients together and add to sugar mixture. Mix well.
  4. Add hot water. Add chocolate chips to taste.
  5. Allow dough to rest 5-10 minutes.
  6. Put on lightly greased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes, until edges are lightly brown.

Makes about 3 dozen 2" inch cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment