Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chunky Greek Salad with Chickpeas

        In light of trying to eat more vegetables, this simple Greek salad is so easy to make and delicious for any lunch or light dinner. I omitted the olives since I don't like them. Sorry I didn't get a picture of it as I packed it in my lunchbox for work. I hope you enjoy!

        • 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
        • 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
        • 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
        • 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
        • 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
        • 5 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
        • 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
        • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
        • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
        • 2 tbsp crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
        1. Mix first seven ingredients together and toss with red wine vinegar and olive oil.
        2. Top with crumbled feta cheese.

        No comments:

        Post a Comment