Monday, July 19, 2010

Shredded Pork Tacos

Yum! If you haven't figured out by now, I love Tex-Mex food, and I'm always looking for fun new ways to make tacos. Who knew that salsa could be so flavorful in a slow-cooker? This will definitely become a monthly favorite. I hope you enjoy!
  • 2 lb boneless pork roast
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilis
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • corn or flour tortillas
  • toppings: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocados etc.
  1. Place pork roast in slow cooker.
  2. Top with salsa, chilis, garlic salt, and pepper.
  3. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

Clean-up tip: I used the crock-pot disposable liners to make this meal, and I am definitely not turning back. No more scrubbing! Simply allow the slow-cooker to cool, and throw away the bag.

1 comment:

  1. made this for Daddy and me on monday. Dad had to start it all that morning when he left for work. I had put it all together the night before in the slow cooker liner in another container and put it in the fridge. All he had to do was put it in the slower cooker and turn it on. It was great to come home to dinner ready. we made the tacos. We loved it. And Dad took some to work the next few days! Love your recipes, keep 'em coming

    ReplyDelete