Thursday, May 31, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Chili

Even though it's summer, the rainy weather made me hungry for some good chili.  I found this recipe in the official crock-pot cookbook and thought it looked simple and delicious.  It called for great Northern beans, which I don't care for, so I just used pinto beans.  This is a very simple, weeknight meal that is easy to please.  I hope you enjoy.
  • 1 lb. chicken breast tenders cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
  • 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans, or pinto beans, drained
  • 1 can (15 oz) Stewed Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained (I chopped them up a little bit)
  • 2 tbsp of your favorite chili seasoning mix
In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken and onion until chicken is browned.  Add chicken mixture, beans, and seasoning to a slow cooker and mix well.  Cook on LOW for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.  (Or on High for 2 hours).  Serve with crackers, chips, or simply with a spoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment