Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork

Nothing says summer in Texas like barbecue.  No, not hamburgers and hot dogs, but pulled meats!  This slow cooker version of pulled pork sandwiches was so easy!  I have to be honest and say I was a little hesitant to pour a can of coke on top of my meat, especially since I don't drink cokes.  But, it was fantastic!  So moist and delicious!  I used Sweet Baby Ray's original barbecue sauce and a regular coke.  I saw some reviews of people using Dr. Pepper.  Maybe I'll try that next time.  I hope you enjoy!

  • 3-4 lb boneless pork butt roast or similar
  • 1 18-oz bottle barbecue sauce
  • 1 12-oz can of coke 
Place pork in slow cooker.  Pour barbecue sauce and coke over roast.  Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.  Serve on toasted bread or buns with a side of potato salad and baked beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment