Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice


This recipe was recommended to me, since I love slow cooker recipes.  I love to cook, but every so often I want to come home to a meal that is already made, especially during a busy week.  This is so easy, cheap, and delicious.  I hope you enjoy!

  • 1 pound dried red beans
  • 3/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
  • celery ribs, chopped 
  • green bell pepper, chopped 
  • red bell pepper, chopped 
  • sweet onion, chopped 
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
  • Hot cooked long-grain rice 
  • Hot sauce (optional)
  • Garnish: finely chopped green onions, finely chopped red onion 
  1. 1. Combine first 8 ingredients and 7 cups water in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 7 hours or until beans are tender.
  2. 2. Serve red bean mixture with hot cooked rice, and, if desired, hot sauce. Garnish, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment