Monday, May 6, 2013

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing


I've been trying to add more vegetables and color to my dinner plates lately.  Unfortunately, my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of man.  So, this didn't go over too well in my house ("It's too raw"), but I thought it was absolutely delicious!  I loved the dressing especially.  Maybe I can sneak it in as a side salad next time and not the main dish.  I hope you enjoy!

Salad:
Large head of romaine, chopped
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained1 large orange bell pepper, chopped1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)5 green onions, chopped

Dressing:
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt


Process the dressing ingredients in a food processor until well combined.  Adjust seasonings as necessary.

Original Recipe Here

No comments:

Post a Comment