Sunday, April 28, 2013

Adorable Ruffled Apron


One of my favorite gifts for my wedding was a ruffled apron from my grandmother.  I love using it as a I prep for a party because you have something to wipe your hands on or catch anything that spills instead of going on your cute outfit.  Not to mention, it's pretty darn cute if you're caught wearing it.  I decided to adventure out and make my own apron for a bride-to-be before her big day.  I found this adorable fabric at Joann's that says "chop, grill, saute, cook" etc. in different colors, so I matched those colors in the other ruffles.  I followed the tutorial by Krista Maurer, and I think it turned out pretty awesome.  I did one extra fabric (2 extra ruffles) than her tutorial.  Ruffles are so forgiving if you're a beginner sewer, so it's the perfect project that is sure to impress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment