Friday, March 29, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

Happy Easter weekend! I'm looking forward to cooking and baking this weekend in celebration of what Jesus did for us and how blessed we are as a family.  I forgot that I hadn't blogged this yummy casserole that I had made a few weekends ago when we had family in town.  This would be a great Easter breakfast if you're having house guests.  I love that you can make it the night before and enjoy your morning without being in the kitchen.  This recipe was from my cousin Natalie in my recipe book that I got at my wedding. I hope you enjoy!
  • 1 1/2 lbs. bulk Pork sausage
  • 9 eggs, beaten
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cook sausage over medium heat until done, stirring to crumble.  Drain well on paper towels; set aside.  Combine sausage and remaining ingredients, mixing well.  Pour into a well greased 13x9 baking pan or dish. Refrigerate overnight, covered.  Bake at 350 for one hour.  Makes 8-10 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment