Even though it's summer, the rainy weather made me hungry for some good chili. I found this recipe in the official crock-pot cookbook and thought it looked simple and delicious. It called for great Northern beans, which I don't care for, so I just used pinto beans. This is a very simple, weeknight meal that is easy to please. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans, or pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Stewed Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained (I chopped them up a little bit)
- 2 tbsp of your favorite chili seasoning mix
In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken and onion until chicken is browned. Add chicken mixture, beans, and seasoning to a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on LOW for 4 to 4 1/2 hours. (Or on High for 2 hours). Serve with crackers, chips, or simply with a spoon.