Monday, September 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast


I used to hate pot roast as a child, but I think only because I would smell it all day to the point that I was no longer hungry.  Today, it is one of my comfort foods, and I don't have to smell it all day while I'm at work.  Surprisingly I haven't cooked a pot roast (or at least blogged it) in the slow cooker until tonight.  I read a lot of reviews on different recipes and created this recipe from a lot of different opinions.  It was really delicious, and so convenient!  I hope you enjoy!

  • 4 lb boneless chuck roast
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp black pepper
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 6 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • small bag of baby carrots
  • medium sized white onion, chopped
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 1 package Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Mix together paprika, pepper, and salt and rub over roast brought to room temperature.  Heat large pan over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil.  Brown roast on all four sides (approximately 4 minutes per side).  Meanwhile, chop and peel potatoes and chop onion.  Place chuck roast in large slow cooker and cover with potatoes, onion, and carrots.  Refrigerate over night at this point if you're cooking it tomorrow.  Otherwise, cover with beef stock, soup mix, and Worcestershire sauce.  Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH for 5 hours.  Remove roast and veggies.  Add about 2 tbsp flour to liquid mixture and whisk until thickened.  Serve warm with a green salad and bread rolls.




2 comments:

  1. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara,
    I wish I had some points, but I just do the basic "blogger" settings because I'm not that creative or in-the-know with web design. I had this blog up originally just to track my recipes and share with friends, so I think I like that simple design to it. Thanks for reading it!

    ReplyDelete