Monday, July 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Verdes

It's no secret that I love Mexican food.  I'm pretty sure I can eat it everyday of the week, nonstop, and never get tired of it.  Here's an easy weeknight meal when you're short on time.  Plus, the WORLD'S MOST HELPFUL HINT: You can shred chicken in your stand mixer!!  I'm not kidding- it shredded my chicken in less than 15 seconds.  I'm never two-forking it again.  Delicious and foolproof; I hope you enjoy!


  • 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa verde
  • 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies ( I used jalapenos)
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • shredded cheese
  • guacamole
  • pico de gallo or fresh salsa
  • tortilla shells
  1. Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top chicken with the diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. The pour the salsa over the chicken.
  2. Cover and cook on low  for 8 hours.
  3. Remove chicken from pot and shredded.  Mix in enough of the juice leftover in the slow cooker to make the meat moist.
  4. Spoon chicken into tortillas and top with shredded cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment