I had a lot of chicken leftovers after my roasted chicken with potatoes and butternut squash recipe. I decided to utilize them in a chicken pot pie, a recipe that I've used before from kraftfoods.com. You can use leftover chicken or start fresh. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 lb. velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 egg (for brushing pastry)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. To cook the chicken, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add chicken and cook five minutes or until done. Add vegetables and soup, and stir to mix. Spoon mixture into a 9" square baking pan that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread velveeta cheese over top of mixture. Lay puff pastry over the dish and tuck in the sides. Brush pastry with egg and cut slits for ventilation. Cook 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yum yum!