Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sweet Week.. Update

Had a great time at my cousin's baby shower. Here are the pictures of the two cookies I made for baby Jack's baby shower


The cute, book-themed table!


They turned out really, really cute! Once again, I've found the key to making perfect sugar cookies is chilling the pre-cut cookies for about 15 minutes in the fridge before baking.

I got the cake ball idea from bakerella.com, my new favorite sweet website. (Click here to see the recipe) It is purely amazing. Sarah and I had a great time assembling the cake balls.


However, we quickly learned that they need to be frozen in order to get firm enough to withstand the chocolate coating. Because my freezer is from like the 1970's, it isn't big enough to hold all the cake balls. So... until next week! Here's the one cake ball we attempted to make. I definitely think they'll work much better when they are firmer. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment