Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Basic Brownies

Well, it's baking week here at my apartment. In preparation for my cousin, Natalie's baby shower, I've got some baking to do. Some favorites which are already on my blog including white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and sugar cookies (picture to come later), as well as some new recipes for the fall, such as decorative cake balls! But tonight, when the sweet tooth calls, you should answer it. I can't believe this brownie recipe isn't already on my blog because it's a go-to, never-go-wrong recipe for brownies that satisfies your chocolaty craving. Hungry yet? Or you can just eat the batter without baking them (ask my friend, Natalie). Sorry no picture, we ate the batter, and then I gave the few that I did bake away.

Stay tuned for the sweets tomorrow!

  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder (off-brand just doesn't cut it; stick to Hershey's)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • nuts (optional)
  • chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease a 9x9 square pan or line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
  3. Mix softened butter with sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
  4. Beat in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt, scraping sides of bowl.
  5. Pour batter into square pan or cupcake pan.
  6. Bake 25-30 minutes for square pan or 20-25 mintues for cupcakes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  7. Cool slightly before cutting.

Cutting tip: Use a plastic knife for smooth even cuts through brownies every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment