Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simple Slow Cooker Pork Roast

This recipe came from the "5 ingredients or less" section of my slow cooker cookbook. Because the pork loin roast is already marinated, it is so simple to assemble. (If you cannot find a marinated roast, mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tbsp minced garlic, and 1 1/2 tbsps Italian seasoning and place in bag with pork roast. Marinate at least 2 hrs or overnight.) I actually had to use salt and pepper to season the meat when I served it, so I would recommend more seasoning if using the marinated pork roast. I hope you enjoy!

  • 4-5 red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 4 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 marinated pork loin roast (the cookbook recommended 3-4 lbs, but I just used 1.5 pounds for 4 servings)
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby peas
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Place potatoes, carrots, and pork roast in slow-cooker. Add water.
  2. Cover; Cook on LOW 6-8* hours or until vegetables are tender.
  3. Add peas during last hour of cooking.

*I always let me slow cooker run for about 8 hours while I'm at work or school and then turn it on warm until dinner; It comes out just fine.

Meal Budget:

  • Potatoes = $0.93
  • Organic Carrots = $0.88
  • Frozen Peas = $0.98
  • Pork Roast (1.5 lbs) = $4.98

Total Cost (4 servings): $7.77 + tax


No comments:

Post a Comment