Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easy Pancakes

If you're like me, you constantly run out of milk by the end of the week. So what do you do if you still want pancakes on a Sunday morning? I found this recipe online that doesn't use milk- and it was delicious! I didn't have enough all-purpose flour so I substituted whole wheat flour. I also added a little bit of vanilla for some more flavor. There's nothing better than pancakes on a Sunday morning :) (Probably thanks to my Dad's delicious pancakes- which still can't be beat)

  • 1 cup flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla (optional)

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl combine egg, water, oil, and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture just until mixed (batter may still be lumpy). Preheat a skillet or griddle and lightly oil. Griddle is ready when water is dropped onto it, and it immediately sizzles. Pour pancake batter onto griddle. Flip pancakes when edges are golden brown and bubbly or pancake is lightly browned underneath when checked. I hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment