Monday, August 24, 2009

Lasagna Toss

This week, I picked this twist on a family favorite from Kraft food & family magazine. I actually had all the ingredients except the noodles in my pantry already, so it earned easy points in my book. Logistically, I didn't have a big enough pan to cook the entire recipe together. I ended up using two skillets, and then combined them back together in just a large pan. It tasted wonderful, so it was worth the pan switch-a-roo. I hope you enjoy!
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 green peppers, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 2/3 cups water
  • 1/4 cup Italian dressing
  • 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters**
  • 1 cup Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

Brown meat in LARGE pan; drain if necessary. Stir in peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water, and dressing; bring to boil. Add noodles; stir. Cover. Cook on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with steamed vegetables or a fresh spinach salad.

**If you don't have oven-ready noodles, substitute regular lasagna noodles, increasing water to 2 cups and cooking 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment