Monday, August 31, 2009

Amazing M&M Cookies

In lieu of a main dish this week, and in honor of my classmate's birthday, I made M&M cookies from my favorite cookie recipe that I originally found online many moons ago. I love soft cookies and would rather eat a soft cookie over any other dessert. These cookies definitely pass the test as they stay soft days after being baked. I hope you enjoy!

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups M&Ms (or chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the M&Ms. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I used silicone liners to prevent cookies from browning on the bottom). Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

This recipe is not exactly healthy, but it's worth the occasional indulgence!

No comments:

Post a Comment